Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Race Card: Dating Outside of your Race



Dating Outside of your Race....Acceptable or Not Acceptable....

...this has been a controversial topic for as long as I can remember....yet, I wonder why.... Ever since times of slavery, interracial relationships have existed.  People seem to focus on the negative....how slaves were raped by their masters and mixed children were the result. But, there were instances where the white masters fell in love with the slaves and made them house ni&&@$....some even went as far as to move away to places where slavery was less dominant....  And...the fact remains that dating/relationships outside your race will always exist in some form.

Speaking from my perspective....there's nothing wrong with interracial relationships. Relationships are based on a series of factors, and if that person fits...well...they fit. It should have nothing to do with race... Just my opinion.  I will say however, because of the history tied to it and the ignorance of others, interracial dating requires Faith, a strong mind and tough skin. Insults, injury and sometimes death occurs as a result...there's always someone who tends to play God and judge. It's sad....but true.

Relationships are hard no matter the race...so...should we make it tougher through stereotypes of today? Ice T and CoCo...Iman and David Bowie...they make it work...and quite successfully I may add. Am I so naive NOT to think that there are some fueled by the love of money....the need for control....certainly not! But, some "same race" marriages exist for the same reasons. lol ....If you ask me....it's a matter of choice and what makes you happy.


Mista's 13

Multicultural families have grown in numbers and in prominence over the decades. Consider the fact that we even voted a man from such a family into presidential office. Interracial romance is nothing new but still faces unique challenges. Interracial marriages used to be illegal in the U.S. ...... Now, interracial relationships are no longer taboo in most circles but still face some problems.

Loving across racial lines continues to prove challenging, as racism—and thus opposition to interracial relationships—still exists. The negative opponent use the "tragic mulatto" myth to justify their views. This myth suggests that biracial children will inevitably grow into tortured misfits angry that they fit into neither black nor white society. While mixed-race children certainly face challenges, raising well-adjusted biracial children is possible if parents are proactive and sensitive to their children’s needs.

When I was married ... my ex had a little sister, that was biracial. It was when she was six or seven ... she came to live with us. And my experience is to say that it was no different than raising my own boys... now, I believe at times kids at her school were indifferent  with her due to her skin tone.. but don't kids do that any way.. no matter what your skin tone is? I mean foolishness is bound in the heart of a child... Even though I don't have any issues with biracial relationships.... I'll be involved with the all tones of many racial back grounds... No reason purposely ... other than the woman is beautiful to me.. the honey butter... multi tone of a woman... O M.. J O N E S E S!!! But I will say this to be true... that love has nothing to do with or see the tone of a person skin tone or race... can Mista... love blindly ... YES !!! and Have.. Family Comes Together.... no matter what race




No comments:

Post a Comment