Sunday, May 13, 2012

Prayed Together


This blog here is a little different... its been on my mind for a couple of days on how to share.... not only that...... but I'm blogging from my phone...so this is a little brand new... So bare with me.... hmmmm, so lets talk about praying together... well let see .... I tell you what.... let me try sharing with my own story on praying together. Now with understanding of the importants of the spiritual connection this tends to be one of the first things, I want to know about a potential mate...... is there faith. 

Dating one young ladii ... I asked her if she would have problems praying with me or doing biblical topic conversations on verses... she said sure she would be okay with it .... surprisingly it went good for about two weeks...... one time a week and then...... excuse and issues kept coming up why she could not.. <<smiling>>>  now... I'm not saying do this with everyone you date.... but if you're thinking beyond ... it makes sense if you are serious about your faith. I dated another young ladii and she agreed.. but on the first biblical topic it came out that she didn't believe that Jesus was the only way to heaven.. "unevenly yoke"...

WoW...now.... I'm thinking ..... I'm not having to much success with trying to connect on a deeper level.... smh... but had a converstaion one night with RO <<<smiling>>  remembering late night on the phone... RO had gotten sleepy and she says to me ... "come on and lets pray"... she wanted me to spiritually lead the prayer.... <<smiling>> the day RO and I "Prayed Together"... secured the loyal friendship of mines for life... no matter what we become as potential mates, she will always be a woman I RESPECT.

The prayer life of togetherness is important.... it gives protection and brings potential relationships and marriages into the right light because prayer purifies and refocuses your attention back to God and His will for your life. Prayer breaks down resistance and expose the heart. It is the place where man and woman become spiritually naked and unashamed again... bringing joy and a sense of divine peace.

<<smiling>> I'm sure RO has a reason why she wanted to pray together that night...

Now Now Mister ... Everything I do or say has reason...

Anyone who truly knows me knows that I can fall asleep faster than a frog can catch a fly...kmsl...I have been that way for as long as I remember--and my kids are the same way. Sleep is sometimes few and far between in the life of a single Mom so I cherish every moment (smile)

Everything I do or say has reason.  It could be minor or major...but trust me when I say, it always matters. After being in a marriage for 11 years unevenly yoked, I learned that prayer is the root of all relationships...and without it, the family cannot survive. In dating, people sometimes overlook things like religion or pet peeves only to find when they say "I do", it becomes a MAJOR issue. (l learned that the hard way)

My strategy to find out if a man knows and loves God is by asking him to pray.  Whether it's blessing our food or praying for strength throughout the day or simply a good night prayer....if he resists...he's NOT for me. I acknowledge God in all that I do. Doesn't make me better than anyone else....doesn't mean Im the perfect Christian...it just means I know that ALL things are possible through GOD, not man.

Needless to say, Mista passed.  He paused when I asked...but seconds later, heads were bowed and the Spirit of God was upon us at that very moment--drawing our hundreds of miles apart into ONE mind. Isn't God good? If we always looked to God and allowed HIM to lead us in our relationships/marriages, don't you know how many divorces/breakups WOULDN'T happen???

So YES, Mista.... I agree...Prayer in any relationship takes away the stubbornness of self and replaces it with grace. And if that relationship doesn't survive...I'm more than certain, a friendship WILL remain...








A $19.50 decision could literally change your life like it did mine. Is it worth taking a look.....hmmmmm....???? http://napower.com/163624/start-a-business


No comments:

Post a Comment