Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Father's Blessing...

A mother's love can never be matched, but a father's importance should never be underestimated. Too many people make the mistake of thinking a girl needs her mother more than she needs her father and a boy needs his dad more than he needs his mother. The truth of the matter is that children need both parents equally. One parent can never compensate for the absence of the other.

A father's love is vital to a girl's development. A father's love should be a girl's first experience with love from a man. This special relationship allows a girl to experience unconditional love without ever being expected to perform sexually. She can hug and kiss her father, she can hold his hand, they can laugh and play together, they can even sit together and do absolutely nothing at all. He's there to provide for and protect her, and he always has her back. Ultimately... this is what every grown woman looks for in a man.

Dads who are emotionally or physically disconnected from their sons etch a huge question mark over their sons futures. What their sons are asking themselves is, Am I worthy of love and acceptance? As little boys grow into big boys, they spend the rest of their lives trying to answer that question. Ask a bunch of guys about their relationships with their dads, and they will either sprout a smile, be moved to tears, or display anger or indifference. The fact is that legacies of abandonment, disapproval, divorce, or anger rob boys of the "father blessing" and predispose them to self-destructive tendencies as grown men.

Make today... the day we establish new habits of guarding our generational responsibility and fight every day for every young man and woman.. When the fathers admonished their sons to be a man about it... they are encouraging them to rise up to a standard of manhood they already understood and when they are there for their daughters... they come to know womanhood unconditionally with conditions of true oneness. "A Father's Blessing".... wanted us to fulfill our full potential, to rise above..... our natural tendencies to take the easy way out.

   "A FATHER'S BLESSING... hmmm.. let's get the ME.... opinion of the blog... RO 

(thinking and clearing my throat)....Well Mista....I guess this is another agree to disagree...lol 


Most of my "childhood" was spent with both parents in the home.  My Dad was the breadwinner and my Mom maintained and reared us as she saw fit.  Yes...my Dad instilled some things in my life...but ultimately, it was my Mom who made me the woman I am today.

Do I agree with the fact that a father's love is vital to a girl's development? No. Do I agree that every woman looks for her father in a man? Absolutely not.  That point of view is what rings in the ears of people based on psychology, books and TV....but in REAL LIFE....A girl patterns herself by the acts of her MOTHER...the choices or lack of, the respect or lack of, the discipline etc. Does that mean essentially she will be "just like her Mother"? No...but the foundation is set.

My Dad's presence in my life was discipline, communication and hard knocks.  I respected him, I communicated with him and I learned the hard way with alot of things--he was the force that didn't hold my hand when I fell ( I got back up)...he was the force that said, "I'm only gonna tell you once" (and Imma beat that tail)...and yes, he was my protector.

Now...on the other hand....he helped raise my uncles.  They looked up to him.  They learned how to respect women...they learned how to work hard...and they learned doing nothing gets you nowhere. I FEEL that REAL MEN raise REAL MEN....but again, that's just my opinion.

I know individuals that have both parents and still aren't worth the lint in their pockets...lol...IJS. The blessing comes when the PARENT  OR PARENTS (bc it can be either) accepts the hand God has given them and allows HIM to guide and protect their legacy.  OUR FATHER....is the TRUE blessing.

...and that's Ro's response. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment