Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Are you my "Friend"?


Ever since you were little, the word "friend" has been in your vocabulary.  Whether it was an imaginary friend or one you met on the first day of school....a friend has always been in ur life. The word friend is used interchangeably with the word associate--although the two are nothing alike.  And because of this, we often find ourselves hurt or confused bc our friend has done or said the unthinkable.

I personally only have a handful of friends.  These friends love me despite all my moods, past mistakes, bossiness etc. They have no problem telling me Im wrong....they have no problem supporting me when Im right...and most of all, my secrets remain secrets even when they get mad.  That is the definition of a friend.

Associates come a dime a dozen.  They can be replaced. They give true meaning to the term "ass"....if you ever find urself in a bind...trust that ur associate will leave you "ass out"...while trying to convince you it was for the best.  An associate will talk behind ur back... sabotage ur situation....and cannot be trusted with personal things.  What's funny about an associate is, they get offended when u refer to them as they really are...they wanna know why they don't fall in the friend category....lol smh...seriously?

Everyone who you may call YOUR friend may not call you THEIR friend.  So...if that ever happens...believe it...accept it...bc people will always show you who they are.  Don't wait until the shit hits the fan to realize they were right. Remember...they warned u...u just didn't listen.

Im the most naive person when it comes to second chances. I see the best in people even at their worst. I believe everyone can change....and I believe not everyone has bad intentions. Having that attitude, Ive had to patch my heart in a thousand places....but it's ok. Each experience made me into the person I am today.  I know how to separate sugar from shit....I know how to love you from a distance....I know when someone has my back FOR REAL...  And, when that occurs, I turn on my B@#$% switch...just to let u know uve been exposed...lol

So the next time you call someone ur friend and they're not...think twice...call them as they are...the title they've earned....not to be confused with the true meaning...."Are you my friend?" 


It's kind of like .... Clint Eastwood when he uttered his famous line, "Go ahead... Make my day" .. That's what a special friendship will do when in your presence... something like MAKE MY JOY COMPLETE by getting along with each other.... NO bickering or backbiting... just joy by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

Friendship is the launching pad for every love. It spills into the other important relationships of life. It's the beginning of all levels of intimacy.... with our mate, with our parents, with our children.... with everyone we encounter. Few of us are privileged to be able to sit down and share our innermost thoughts with someone.

SO.. your are thinking... Mista 13, how do I develop friends? Try the basic principle... weap what you sow .... meaning, make friendship a top priority.... be willing to take a risk and be transparent.... talk about your care for each other and mostly ... give your friends room to be themselves.. And uh!! stop being in relationship with people.... you would'nt be friend, if you were not attracted to them... ijs some things just makes sense. "I don't like you, but lets sex each other".. Smh who does that.. hmph!! "are you my friend"



No comments:

Post a Comment