Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lust...Love...and Being in Love: Part II of the Series on Love


I could say that you complete me…that I can’t live without you…that Im nothing without you... But, the truth is, we complete each other…I live because you make life worth living…and Im more WITH you than WITHOUT you.. I realize that no love is the same…and the love we share can only exist with US.

Love. Love is a very powerful word.  Its four letters hold high merits but receives low praise. It is slandered…used…abused….yet, it still holds true to form and STANDS... Many other words (such as lust and like) often try to imitate LOVE but they fail…

Love doesn’t have to be reciprocated. Your love for someone can surpass their every expectation and they not even know.  That alone is a sad reality.  Do I know what it feels like to love? Yes. I love my children…I love my children’s Fathers…I love my family…my friends…..and you know what? All of them are loved in a different way!

OMG…smh…love is the master chameleon. You can just love the mere thought of it and think ur in love. lol But u know what Ive learned? Ive learned that it’s easy to walk away from love. You know why? Because LOVE is simply a learned emotion.

….you ever heard someone say, I love that outfit!!! Or I love that car!!! ….and after they said it, they just walk away? That ALONE should let u know that LOVE is not what it seems. Now…what follows love is what seals the deal…what’s really real….is being IN LOVE. You ready for that???? lol Stay tuned.

Mista 13 cents..

If someone were to ask me, "Why do you love her?" When most men would mention her beauty, her sense of humor, her kindness, her inner strength. They might talk about her cooking, her knack for decorating, or what a good mother she is.

But what if over the course of years, your wife or husband stopped being every one of these things. Would you still love them? Based on all the answers above from most... the only logical response would be "no" if your reasons for loving her ...... all have something to do with his or her qualities.... and then those same qualities suddenly or gradually disappear.... your basis for love is over.

But back to why I love her... truth is this....love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love. In this is love, not that I loved, but that God's love is a choice, He makes completely on His own. It's something I receive from Him and then share with her. "We love, because He first loved us". Meaning to unconditional give love that "bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things does not come from within. It can only come from God.

And thankfully... by your choice... it can become your kind of love. But first you must receive it to share it.... and then you will know the true love... that you will no longer say, I love you because... You will now say, I love you(her), PERIOD... 

No comments:

Post a Comment