Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Do We Need A Family Philosophy Overhaul?


Couples who have chosen to have children need a philosophy overhaul. When deciding how to raise the kids, here's a simple rule of thumb. Children need to be raised, and the only way that becomes possible is by spending quality time with them.

In doing so, oneness will flourish the spiritual temperature and your children will be given a consistent picture of the standards you require. I often hear how hard it is to make it off only one income, and that may be completely true, but if you can't afford to spend more quality time with your family and raise your children, you may need to change how you think of your need for material things. Reevaluate your priorities. Consider buying a smaller home, purchasing less expensive cars, or resisting the urge to buy name brand goods.

If you just have to compete with the Joneses, have a contest to see who can spend the most quality time with their family. With this in mind, note that your kids have secret powers they can unleash to battle the things of this world. You have them as well, but they might have been neglected because no one helped you develop them. Even so, help your children develop the secret power of their spiritual gifts, talents, skills, and ability.

Help your family by spending the quality time to learn the power available in the truth of Scripture. Work as team to help your children grow into the incredible kids God intends them to be.. Do it Together. Overhauling My Philosophy as we speak... Mista is taking the boys on a little road trip to South Padre.



"All money is not good money."  Growing up that was a term I heard over and over again but didn't really understand the meaning.  As a child, I thought "money is money"....and of course you could never have too much of that! lol But, as I got older and had children of my own, I could appreciate and understand it's meaning. What's the use in having money that you have no time to spend....or better yet, what's the use of having money and no happiness?

Memories cannot be bought or repeated...once they happen they are gone. Yes...she can model the dress she wore for prom, but u won't see the look of nervousness in her eyes when her date appeared.... Yes....he can tell you about the winning touchdown....but you won't be able to see the expression of victory he felt AT THAT MOMENT.... No...you were working EXTRA hours to buy more things that they don't need. And...if you asked them which would they prefer, I'd bet my last dollar they would prefer you being a part of that special moment.

Am I saying you should be broke and living in poverty to spend time with ur kids? No.  What Im saying is, material things come and go, but family is forever.

I'll never forget my first Christmas as a single parent. I had limited funds but I spent as much as I could. I felt bad because my kids were always able to get the things they wanted plus some.  I just knew they would be down and I had ruined their Christmas. While they opened their gifts, I watched their faces....waiting for a frown to appear. They only had 4 gifts a piece...and on the last one, I said..."Im sorry girls...Mama had to pay bills first." and begin to cry. The girls came to me and hugged me and said, "Don't cry Mama. It doesn't matter...we have you." We cried together for a minute and laughed and talked the rest of the night. That was a night I will never forget...

I said all that to say this. Our kids feed from us.  They learn the value of money...the value of respect...the value of family... it's up to US to instill the proper "philosophy" of life in them. ....."But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33)

No comments:

Post a Comment