Monday, March 26, 2012

The Meeting.....

Picture a beautiful sunny day...a Saturday...people are in their yards working, running, playing basketball in the park.... The mall is full bc there's a sale... and the snoball stand is even open. The temperature says 82.5 degrees--it's a typical Louisiana day. I'm dressed in my normal weekend attire....t-shirt and shorts....we've decided to meet in a well populated area...the mall.

Who is "we"? Mista and I of course. He's jumped in his truck and headed to see me. I have no idea what Im in store for, but I have more than a PLAN A. He calls....he's parking and headed my way... My heart is beating a thousand pumps a second...I hear his voice and I turn...slowly....taking a deep breath....

There he is...standing in front of me. A big smile plastered on his face. He's wearing a LONG SLEEVE shirt and jeans...and let's not forget the sunglasses! (does he ever go anywhere without them??) I hug him and we talk briefly...walking towards the opening of the mall. Immediately, the nervousness goes away. He's good.

We are about to start our day...see if we actually are compatible in real time .... this should be a challenge...or not...lol But, FIRST, let's get u out of that HOT shirt! kmsl....haven't u heard of a t-shirt? This is Louisiana after all... lol

And...in an instant, we click....talking like old friends...laughing...finishing each other's sentences. We don't have our day planned...we just take things as they come. Enjoying the company. It was a good day....great day....fun times... and the beginning of a new friendship....with Mista.



MEETING ME......

"Ssssh!" Isn't it amazing that in the midst of a crowded and noisy room one person making this sound can bring conversations to a halt and direct all eyes to the source? Or that awkward moment when you are about to hug someone sexy as hell and then you hit the mirror. A Saturday.... I will never forget "Meeting Me" who's Me, you may ask? RoW of course.

As I drive up to the Mall.... I'm on the phone with RoW. She's in the purse department at Dillard's... as I come upon the department it was very noise crowded.... theirs a woman in a gray dress.... not knowing what to expect I say don't look back (I'm on the phone with RoW) and it seem to be that the woman look back, but because of the purse displays.... I couldn't see who it was... so as I turn the corner, the woman turn around... can you say uh!! hell naw! c'mon man, smh.... it wasn't RoW ....

Ssssh! as the room became silent, at that moment I saw this 5'4 well put together little woman peaking her head...... slightly over this tall purse display.... with the cutest little glasses on.. a welcoming smile that did more than words could say. It was her.....RoW, at last...  I quickly asked for a hug...and if the outside reflects what is within.....than this ingredients has an obvious outward manifestation. As we walked into the mall.... I could tell her nervousness... so I asked her to sit down with me at the bench....<<smiling>> RoW could still not look me in the eyes as she kept taping away at her phone... looking for a restaurant for us to eat at. As we got up....... and walked towards the mall exit... we stop at a kiosk... and purchase some wrist bands....and at that awkward moment, I could feel the exhale RoW's walls come down and be replaced with transparency.

Funny how others can know that just from spending a short time in her presence. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and RoW's heart left an indelible mark on many that Saturday, as we went in and out of different places ....she seem to leave every room with a smile, rather it was the BBQ man.. the Exxon cashier.... the sales store clerk.....the people at the ice cream shop etc. It's true, her spirit is visible. Now that usually means she has spunk, pizzazz, or a bit of fire in her character.... However, this man looks for her spirit on the inside.

RoW's inner self, the unfading beauty is imaginative and thought provoking. To say the least RoW has ......touch the part of me that searches to be better with her thoughts and observations. That has set the course for growth in our friendship with empowering conversations, reassurances, and gentle thoughts that always seem to keep her on my mind. I mean........ just think about it hmph!!!....lol, she changed my dress code and smell good all in 13 minute...<<smiling>> RoW is always saying" being that I AM ur mirror image"...smh, Women have all the power....and I'm beginning....... to think she knows it. "MEETING ME".. my opposite in the mirror of life that completes, not compete 

No comments:

Post a Comment