Sunday, March 18, 2012

10 Reasons Why A Long Distance Relationship Cant Last---Fact or Fiction


So the Mista (Jones) and I (RoW--don't ask but he has this obsession with my name) are brand new. Brand new to distance but not necessarily to opposition. We've gotten some quite interesting feedback--feedback I feel could be true but not necessarily. To me, love from a distance can only last with trust. Trust in ur mate...and the relationship. Here are the reasons Im hearing:

1. You don't know what he/she is doing.
2. Relationships won't survive without sex.
3. It's too expensive.
4. It will become boring.
5. Men lie.

Hmm...nope. I dont know what he's doing. (Fact) He could be renting himself out to any and everyone and I'd never know...but you know what, he doesn't know what Im doing either! Sex...everyone won't agree with this but, there ARE alternatives to that (FICTION) (use ur imagination) Is it expensive? (FACT) Yeah....it can be. But my question is, is it worth it? Is he/she worth ur drive...worth the money ur putting out? And, if you have to hesitate, that answer is NO. Will it become boring? That can be two fold...are u bored with the relationship or bored with the thought of being in a long distance relationship? To me, if two ppl have enough in common, yes even quietness is enough. Finally...men lie. (FACT) Yeah..they do. But so do women....

Im here blogging right now and arguing with MISTA KNOW IT ALL. He's gonna want everything perfect..dot ur I's...spell out ur words...love me on purpose. Well my answer to that is NOPE.

Your turn.


SMH.. It's MISTA's turn now... lol "knowing it all" they told me in school that knowing it all gets you things and takes you place, but all it got me with RoW was NOPE!!! There's nothing more sexy to me then a woman "not losing her identity. Well its my time to finish out 6-10 Why!!! LONG DISTANCE ROMANCE won't work. (FACT OR FICTION)

6. If you can't stand talking on the phone can't find your computer's on switch.
7. If you always feel the need to "keep one in the wing" in case your current relationship doesn't work out.
8. If you can't imagine yourself married to your partner one day.
9. If you're drawn to the idea of long-distance dating because it will finally let you live that fictional double life you've been dreaming of.
10.IF YOU CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY OR THINK.

Being able to communicate is a must in any relationship rather long or under the same roof. The first time RoW and I shared thoughts was on facebook inbox back and forward (back and forward)from the AM to PM and then phone conversation till the AM. Then awaken the next and said our prayers together on the phone a moment before the next AM. lol NOW WE SKYPE. It just makes no sense to be in a relationship if you are expecting it to fail. There has to be a means of purpose to it all, if you are not able to imagine spending the rest of you with your mate, WHY? Why would you be in any relationship rather long distance or in the same town....... it just makes no sense to me, I'm 43 and the longest thing I'll ever do in life is living, but it could be all over tomorrow. ALL relationships are a gamble and I'm glad I'm winning. And there's nothing more important than being a trustworthy man/woman, that's the ONLY (FACT) I NEED !!!.... Don't be afraid of taking the risk on long distance, a strong relationship will survive just about anything even the NASAYERS!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wonder where u got ur list from...cause to me it sounds like ur being messy! lol ~Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks PrincessDrRe... for the shout out show of love... it keeps the passion burning for inspired hope..

      Delete