Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Disagree with dignity"...



"I have fallen out of love with you"... "If you don't want to do it, I can get someone else." It's so simple to read a person in thick of conflict. They're actually saying, I'm not committed to you. I don't love you unconditionally, but only when I'm feeling or if the circumstance is selfishly in my favor. lol, Smh.... Thinking.. the deepest, most heartbreaking ...damage you'll ever do or ever have done to a relationship is most likely in thick of conflict. This is when your pride is strongest. And when you're most selfish and judgmental. Your words contain the most...... venom. Trust when I say, you better put your foot on the brakes. "Disagree with dignity"... because love only fights fair. "It is better to sit on the corner of the roof than with a contentious woman"~ Proverbs.. This verse is about dealing with conflict in such a way that you come out healthier on the other side. Both of You. Together. You see... I know I need the kind of foundation that's stronger than mere ... friendship or sexual attraction. The kind of something that won't sway by time or circumstance. "Agape love" ... even though, that love which began for the wrong reasons can be restored and redeemed. If.. I'm not your everything.... please replace me, I'm not irreplaceable. Smiling, because I dare to love 1 Corinthians 13.

Wow Mista... Is there really a process where couples can disagree with dignity? lol shaking my head.... Dignity typically checks out the second the argument goes from "I'm not saying anything" to "has this negro lost his mind"?! As much as we wanna take the higher road, the truth of the matter is, we don't. Yes, we say things we shouldn't say... Yes, we point out things we shouldn't show... And we most definitely stop listening when we should listen.  We go into the argument knowing that when it's all over, someone is gonna get mad, there will be a period of silence and then the "make up". It's a vicious cycle. But what people don't admit is, there is some truth to the things you've expressed.... I don't care how many people say they didn't mean it.. THEY REALLY DID. So why lie for the sake of an argument? If more people expressed their feelings regularly, there wouldn't be a need to disagree with dignity. Your mate would know when ur pissed.  Your mate would know when ur feeding them bs. And they definitely would know that even though u love them, u get tired of the same ole ish. Bottom line.. If ur honest with ur mate and u communicate honestly no matter what, those arguments will be few and far between anyway. Save urself the grief.. The headaches.. And take those small body shots. I'd rather take the body shots any day rather than a knockout.... Those are harder come back from. Ijs...

Mista.. Glad ur back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment